Providing advice for clients of OTANZ members
- Complaints procedure
A client of an OTANZ member who has a complaint should first discuss it with the immediate OTANZ business concerned.
If the issue cannot be resolved at this level, OTANZ encourages the client to lodge a complaint in accordance with the following procedures:
- Write a complaint letter and send to: Chairperson, P. O. Box 924, Nelson 7040
- OTANZ will acknowledge receipt of client’s written correspondence within 7 working days.
- OTANZ will request a written account of the actions and/or decisions taken by its member associated with the grievance. The member will have 7 working days to respond in writing.
- OTANZ will address the complaint with 21 working days.
- The OTANZ member associated with the complaint will not be part of the complaints committee and its deliberations.
- The complaints committee will relay its decision in writing to the OTANZ member involved in the complaint.
- The OTANZ member involved in the complaint can appeal the decision, in writing, within 7 working days.
- Independent mediation will be provided at this stage. The decision of the complaints committee on the appeal will be final.
- The client to be informed of the decision taken within 7 days of the final decision.